Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Atlantic City Gambling and a Show

Just came back from an extended weekend in Atlantic City, New Jersey.  We stayed at Caesar's AC and had tickets to see Smokey Robinson at the theater there.

Drove up there Thursday afternoon (about 3.5 hour travel time), checked in and relaxed a bit in the room before heading down for a bit of gambling.  Myself, I like the table games.  Hooked on craps at the moment, use to be blackjack, also enjoy poker but I like the tournaments and I couldn't figure out times for any so I hit the craps table.  My better half loves the slots, so I gave her a kiss and wished her luck as she stopped at her favorite (wheel of fortune) and off I went.  Most of the craps tables were $10 minimum which was fine for me cause I like to build my bets up slowly.  Discuss or no?

We had a great time gambled a bit, room service a lot and relaxed.  Our room had a horrible view (see picture) luckily that didn't bother us cause we don't always need a view in order to relax.
  Smokey was there on Saturday night so we dressed up a bit and went downstairs to the theater.  We were about half-way back but luckily it is a fairly small theater so the seats were great.  And for 72 years old Smokey still puts on a great show.  He performed for about an hour and a half.  The audience sang along with him for most of the songs.  He sang a lot of his old hits and ones he wrote for others.  If you like Motown music I highly recommend seeing Smokey Robinson if he comes to your area.

We packed up and left after the show cause Sundays starts the busy week up again starting with church then work.  Got home about 4 in the morning and hit the bed for a couple hours.  Even though I didn't have gambling luck on this trip, we had a wonderful time.

Talk soon
Boomer

No comments:

Post a Comment